As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
- Recommend software and hardware requirements.
- Install software, design, and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package, which could include, depending on your needs, payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your Quickbooks starting date.
- Preparation of a list of items that you sell to customers. This list includes services, inventory, non-inventory parts, other charges, and sales taxes.
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date.
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into Quickbooks.
- Train client or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management, and tax needs.
Once QuickBooks is set-up and working properly, we can train you or your employees to properly operate QuickBooks specifically for your business.
Why choose one-on-one attention instead of taking a class?
Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate.
All information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?